Monday, March 2, 2009

Introducing...Shannon

This was the hardest one to do, hence, it's last. It's so much easier just to write some basic things about my and so this might get long, but it's only fair for me to do the same thing I've put everyone else in my family through this week. So, here goes....

Color? Purple
Food? Mexican
Show? What Not to Wear
Character? anything but a cartoon
Song? In the Bulb there is a Flower
Book? probably whatever I'm reading right now and The Bible
Sport to play? Soccer
Sport to watch? Football
Holiday? Birthdays
Snack? Chocolate Ice Cream
Favorite thing to do with Peyton? anything where I can see him learning
Favorite thing to do with Layla? play with her hair after her bath
Favorite thing to do with Daddy? see Daddy's introduction

I have lots and lots of hobbies. Most of them revolve around the house in some way. I love to sew, knit, decorate, garden (flowers and vegetables), cook (mostly baking), and read. I am blessed to stay home with my kiddos most of the time, but that means I have to do all of this and more on a budget which I usually like and enjoy the thrill of finding things at garage sales and thrift stores and re-purposing old things is usually fun, too.

I also try very hard to keep in good shape, which for me, right now, means lots of running. I've attempted to train for a half-marathon and found out my limit is not that high at this point. It's still on my bucket list, but not in 2009. I made 10 miles once and vowed not to try that again for a long time, but I still think of it often and when I hear about registration being open for another race I always have to think twice and remember back to that fateful day in the summer of 2008 when I attempted 10 miles. Someday, maybe when one of my kids wants to run with me!

That's all I can think to tell you right now, but I'm sure more will come out as this blog takes shape. After all, this space is all about us and the things we love to do, day-in and day-out as well as the special occasions in our life. Things are always changing and growing and that is what makes life exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment