Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

May God grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
a moonbeam to charm you,
a sheltering Angel so nothing can harm you.
Laughter to cheer you.
Faithful friends near you.
And whenever you pray, Heaven to hear you.

The sun is warming us immensely today! I'm so glad we did all of these festive crafts/treats earlier in the week so I didn't feel the need to be inside creating today!


The two cutest leprechauns I've ever met.

This was one of our craft projects for this week. It came from this book, but in reality I did all of the work on this one. I tried to let Peyton and Layla decorate the hat, and they did, for all of two minutes before a huge meltdown yesterday afternoon. Let's just say, we were all extremely tired from a long, busy weekend away and crafts were not in order, instead we all needed a long nap! But, I had to finish the craft so they had a costume to wear to a party we are going to this evening with our youth group. This is the only picture I caught before Peyton wouldn't stand next to Layla anymore...I'll try for another one or two this evening. They both really seemed to like wearing the mask, just not next to each other.

Here's a peek at the other festive things we did for one of my favorite holidays!

Here is the "fruit" part of our lunch today. Jello shamrocks. They were supposed to be in two layers of green; that didn't turn out, but they were still yummy!



We made these castles late last week. Again I got the idea from the book above. Both Peyton and Layla had a blast painting them green. Layla's did have a flag but it didn't last too long. I also decided to leave out the green grass we were supposed to glue to the cardboard. I couldn't find it easy enough at the moment and then when I saw how Peyton was taking it everywhere with him I was glad there wasn't the mess Easter grass can create. He loved it so much he had to take it Grammy and Grandpa's house this weekend.


This was pretty much a Mommy creation. I spray painted a terra cotta pot black, filled it with filler and then Easter grass and then the purchased "gold" candies. I was hoping Peyton would help me with the rainbow, but he was not interested so I just did it and now he likes to look at it! I didn't buy enough "gold" so I hope there'll be some left when Daddy gets home this afternoon.



Here is the last creation for today! Peyton helped me make Blarney Stone cookies yesterday. They are supposed to have a Hershey's kisses on top (in reference to kissing the Blarney stone), however, to cut back just a little on all the sugar I'm giving my kiddos today I decided to skip that step.


Now, I must be off to enjoy the sunshine more! Peyton is golfing while Layla naps and I'm going to fold laundry on the deck while I play spectator to Peyton's round of golf. All before it rains more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment