Tuesday, June 30, 2009

UPDATED!! Signs of Summer!

UPDATE: Here is the video I promised in this post, over a month ago. Yes, it took that long to get the said firewire. I ordered the wrong one first, had to make a trip to the post office (one of my least favorite places to conduct business) to return it, before I could order the right one. But, it finally arrived this week and I've been having a blast uploading and editing videos. So, be on the lookout for more, soon.

Be on the lookout for the most adorable blinking and winking at 1 minute and just after.



ORIGINAL POST: Today was our last day of Kindermusik for Layla until the fall. I took some fun pictures and wanted to share them with you. Bubbles are definitely one of her favorite activities, both at Kindermusik and at home! Here's also a shout out to the best Kindermusik teacher ever...Ms. Lorie! We love you, we'll miss you this summer and we'll be back next fall!



Last Thursday, Peyton had his spring musical performance. There are no words to describe it. It was hilarious, cute, special, funny, adorable, well done, tearful and did I say full of laughter. I still can't decide if I was crying because I was laughing so hard or because I just can't believe my little man actually made it up on stage already. BARELY!! He didn't want to go, told us he wasn't going to sing (he didn't) and thank God for Ms. Gump who was once again willing to carry him away from us and back to the "warm up" area.

When they finally brought the littlest ones out, the crowd AWWWED and we started voraciously looking to see if Peyton even made it up there. We spent the entire first song looking for him so I can't tell you anything about it except that Ms. Batesole started out running across the stage with a tambourine and the kids danced! It was incredibly cute, I just wish I could've seen Peyton dancing to that.

We finally found him smack in the middle of approximately 200 3, 4, and 5 year olds, not singing a word, but doing all of the actions to a song called "Music Makes Me..." Some of the lyrics were Music Makes Me blink, laugh, dance, wink. Oh, it's the cutest, funniest video you've ever seen. I just wish I'd gotten the firewire (part needed to transfer videos from our camera to the computer) before just now (it's on order) and I promise I'll update this post as soon as I get it! Until then, here's a still shot.

Can you see him?
Us either...
Oh wait, he's practically behind a boy with a bright yellow shirt on.
Between him and the microphone stand
Believe me, Daddy was able to zoom in much better with the video camera...it's coming soon!
And finally, here are some more random pictures I've been meaning to post, but haven't.
Chillin in the shade finishing lunch outside
Posing for the camera
The first time he wrote his name without copying the letters as Mommy wrote them somewhere else...pretty good, I think.
At Conferences, Ms. Gump told us to have Peyton work on his fine motor skills and that hole punching was great practice. He liked it for a little bit, it was easy for Mommy and something we'll definitely try again this summer.
This probably fit better as a sign of spring, but it's too cute, so here it is anyways. Check out those cool shades on my girl!
There are only 10 more days of school for Peyton this year! And one of those is field day this Thursday, which I get to help out with :-) I can hardly believe his first year of school is almost over! I'm pretty much ready for him to be home, for awhile. We'll see how long that lasts. I'm sure we'll be filling it up with lots of fun activities and friends so keep coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment