Friday, April 3, 2009

The Weeks Are Getting Shorter

Today, Peyton informed me there are No More Saturdays. And if you remember from one of my first posts, you might be like me and wonder if we'll have any days left by the end of this year.

This past Saturday was the last day of the bowling season for Peyton. We have been taking him almost every Saturday to a bowling alley in town that lets littles bowl for $1 per game and even gives them someone to supervise/coach. And at the end of the season they threw a party (pizza, prizes and trophies included).



It has been great this year! But it's now over and he is sad. So, now, when he sings his days of the week song...it goes something like this...

"Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday...days of the week. But, wait, that's not right. We have to have bowling day"

But, I found a solution...free bowling this summer. I'm excited to try this on those dog days of summer when it's just too hot to head outside, even if it's the pool or zoo. I'm just keeping it a secret from Peyton until that time comes, because I know he'll be asking for it.

And maybe we can add Saturday back to the days of the week. I sure hope so; it's one of my favorite days.

This past Tuesday, I had to look at him and tell him how much I love to play with him, but I just can't play bowling anymore. It was 3 pm and we'd been rotating all day between watching bowling on TV, playing bowling on the internet and bowling in our hallway. I just couldn't take it anymore. I had suggested several other things, but bowling was all he wanted. I'm so ready to be able to head outside and golf (did I really just say that?) or baseball or anything besides bowling. But, hey, I'm sure at some point I'll be able to handle a free game or two again.


Did I mention that Layla got a trophy too? And she got to bowl on the last day. She had a lot of help from Daddy, some from Mommy, and had a wonderful time. And next year, she'll get to bowl every Saturday with Peyton.

No comments:

Post a Comment