Wednesday, February 25, 2009

V is for...

VEGETABLE!

The letter of the week at Peyton's preschool is "V". I always try to do a craft at home during the week that goes with the letter. So, here's this week's creation.

You can guess which one is Peyton's and which one is Layla's

As usual, I borrowed this idea from Allie at No Time for Flash Cards (one of my absolute favorite places to get kids craft ideas). As you'll soon learn, I'm not very creative. I'm great at taking other people's ideas and creating from them or maybe tweaking them a little to fit us, but hardly any of my crafts are original, but I'll always try to give credit where credit is due. Thanks, Allie, for all the fun ideas you've given our family!

Here are some pictures of Peyton actually creating his vegetables. He named the vegetables from my "creative" drawing all on his own and even the first time which impressed me given the quality of the drawings, told me which color they should be, colored them and cut them out all by himself. Just in case you can't tell, there's a carrot, potato, mushroom, broccoli and tomato. I was pretty impressed by his concentration on this project...one of the many benefits of Montessori preschool!

Carrots are orange and have green stems

Peyton works very hard cutting out each of his vegetables

Layla has a very different idea of coloring vegetables, but she loves to color

3 comments:

  1. Hey Shannon! Yea!!! I found your blog! So fun to keep up to date this way. I tried to leave a comment on the picture post but it wouldn't let me. Are you in front of a mirror?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea why it wouldn't let you comment on the picture post. I am so new at all of this, but it's fun to keep up with people this way! I was expecting someone in my family to guess so I had a fun gift for them...I'll come up with something for you!

    We are in front of a mirror and I am giving her a piggyback ride! It was one of the most difficult pictures to take, but I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really know how to post a comment so I have struggled with this. I think it might work this time. Yes, I was going to say Mirror as well. I don't think I would have guessed piggy back ride though.

    ReplyDelete